Low Income Supports
Wednesdays, 12-12:30pm Registration for this program is required to establish eligibility.
*Food donations can be dropped off during regular business hours
*Donate gently used clothing on Wednesday mornings from 9:00 am – 11:45 am. All donations will be given to struggling families for free!
Spots in our community garden and other local gardens are available to grow your own food.
Finding Hope in Poverty Support Group
Free counselling group: Mondays, 10:00am – 11:30am
HIPPY- Home Instruction For Parents of Prechool Youngsters
Home instruction for children age 3 to 5 and their parents
Income Tax Clinic
We provide free Income tax completion annually. Contact us for appointments. firstname.lastname@example.org
Canada Learning Bond
Free Money for your child’s education. www.Startyourresp.ca/opnc
Utility Bill Payment Assistance
1. Leap provides a one-time emergency payment for hydro and gas low-income customers who are in arrears.
2. The Ontario Energy Support Program provides a grant on your bill of between $30 to $70 each month.
Please fill out the required form and bring it with you.
Drop in appointments on Wednesdays or Thursdays from 11:30-2:30.
1) Person applying has their name on the Oakville bill and lives at that address.
2) Your household income is below the poverty line
3) Your account is in arrears.
4) Have a sustainable plan for how you will pay future bills.
5) You cannot have applied in the last 12 months for this assistance
6) If you owe more than $500 you must first pay the amount above $500
For more information contact 905-257-6029 x 105.
For your Interview you Will Need:
1. The current energy bills for your residence
2. Identification –identification for each person in the household.
3. The last month of bank statements for everyone in the household
4. Proof of rent/mortgage payment (This may be on your bank statement)
5. All adults in the home must attend the interview
6. If your bill is over $500 then proof that you have paid the amount above that, you may be able to access other sources of funding for assistance with energy arrears at Halton Region through their
Emergency Energy Fund or through Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Program.
7. 2015 Tax Assessment
For your Interview you Will Need:
- Current energy bills for your residence
- Identification –identification for the person named on the bill and 1 piece of identification for each of the other household members
- Proof of mortgage payment
- The last two months of bank statements for everyone in the household
- All adults in the home must attend the interview
- If your bill is over $500 then proof that you have paid the amount above that You may be able to access other sources of funding for assistance with energy arrears at Halton Region through their Emergency Energy Fund or through Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Program.
Financial Management Support
Wednesdays and Thursdays 11:30-2:30 consultations
Online Money Saving & Budgeting Resources
Frugal Cookbook http://www.squawkfox.com/downloads/squawkfox_frugalfoodfit.pdf
Resumes Templates http://www.squawkfox.com/category/resumes/
Ways to stay cool & reduce your air conditioning bill http://www.squawkfox.com/2009/07/31/ceiling-fans-air-conditioning/
Plug your outlets to save 5% on heating http://www.squawkfox.com/2009/05/11/child-proof-outlets-save/
Save Money on Laundry http://www.squawkfox.com/2008/06/25/how-to-save-money-on-laundry/
Debt Reduction work Sheet http://www.squawkfox.com/2010/08/16/debt-reduction-spreadsheet/
Save A Penny Videos http://www.squawkfox.com/2010/04/30/money-tips-saving-penny/
How to Make Budget http://www.squawkfox.com/2010/03/03/how-to-make-a-budget/