Oakville Resources for People in Need
Wednesdays, 11:45 am – 12:15 pm
Registration for this program is required to establish eligibility.
*Donate gently used clothing on Wednesday mornings from 7:00 am – 11:45 am. All donations will be given to struggling families for free!
Spots in our community garden and other local gardens are available to grow your own food.
Sheridan College Employment Services
Supporting job seekers. Every other Wednesday at the centre 11 to 1
905-845-9430 ext. 8021
Finding Hope in Poverty Support Group
Mondays, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Income Tax Clinic
We provide free Income tax completion annually. Contact us for appointments. email@example.com
Utility Bill Payment Assistance
Assistance with Union Gas and Oakville Hydro bills is a grant program to provide emergency relief to eligible low-income customers who are having difficulty paying arrears and have cut-off notices. It does not provide ongoing bill payment assistance. Assistance can only be provided once a year and are issued to the utility directly. We also provide financial management support.
1) You must reside in Oakville with arrears and your name must be on the outstanding bill.
2) You must have a household income that is below the poverty line
3) You must have an account in arrears or received notice of disconnection
4) Have a plan for how you will pay future bills
5) You cannot have applied in the last 12 months for this assistance
6) If you owe more than $500 you must first pay the amount over and above $500
For your Interview you Will Need:
- Current energy bills for your residence
- Identification –identification for the person named on the bill and 1 piece of identification for each of the other household members
- Proof of mortgage payment
- The last two months of bank statements for everyone in the household
- All adults in the home must attend the interview
- If your bill is over $500 then proof that you have paid the amount above that You may be able to access other sources of funding for assistance with energy arrears at Halton Region through their Emergency Energy Fund or through Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Program.
Online Money Saving & Budgeting Resources
Frugal Cookbook http://www.squawkfox.com/downloads/squawkfox_frugalfoodfit.pdf
Resumes Templates http://www.squawkfox.com/category/resumes/
Ways to stay cool & reduce your air conditioning bill http://www.squawkfox.com/2009/07/31/ceiling-fans-air-conditioning/
Plug your outlets to save 5% on heating http://www.squawkfox.com/2009/05/11/child-proof-outlets-save/
Save Money on Laundry http://www.squawkfox.com/2008/06/25/how-to-save-money-on-laundry/
Debt Reduction work Sheet http://www.squawkfox.com/2010/08/16/debt-reduction-spreadsheet/
Save A Penny Videos http://www.squawkfox.com/2010/04/30/money-tips-saving-penny/
How to Make Budget http://www.squawkfox.com/2010/03/03/how-to-make-a-budget/